ChartSwap Terms of Service
Terms of Service – Requestors (Last Updated 02/28/2023)
Welcome to ChartSwap.
ChartSwap is a medical records transfer platform between a requester of medical or billing records and a person or entity that owns or controls the requested records, designed to allow the secure transfer of records electronically. These Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) govern how you, as a requester of records (submitted on behalf of yourself, your client, or your organization) (hereinafter, the “Requester”) will use ChartSwap. When you click “I AGREE” upon creating an account, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. The Service is merely one way to connect requestors and providers electronically. If you do not want to be part of ChartSwap, then do not create an account, and instead deal directly with the provider of the records you are requesting.
- ChartSwap Services.
- ChartSwap MRT. ChartSwap MRT is a service that lets requestors make direct requests to providers, pay any charges assessed by the provider, track the status of requests, and, if elected, receive an instant download of records.
- CloudNetwork. CloudNetwork is a service that provides access to an extended network of providers, outside of the ChartSwap MRT network – the “CloudNetwork Providers.” CloudNetwork places requests to CloudNetwork Providers on behalf of the requestor, facilitates payment of charges assessed by the CloudNetwork Provider, and allows the requestor to track the status of requests and download records.
- Record Copy Sales. ChartSwap, on behalf of record retrieval companies, offers a service whereby record copies are available for purchase via the ChartSwap platform (“Record Copy Sales”). Record Copies available on ChartSwap via this service were requested and obtained outside of the ChartSwap platform. ChartSwap was not part of the request to the provider in these instances and is merely acting as a platform for counsel to easily pay, download and/or obtain hard copies/CDs of the Record Copies.
- Medical Canvassing. Medical Canvassing is a tool designed to target medical facilities in a specific geographic area to determine when and where an individual may (or may not) have received treatment(s). Upon discovering treating facilities, allows ChartSwap to more effectively target formal records requests, whether via authorization or subpoena.
- Indexing by ChartSwap. Records indexing is a tool that enables claims and legal professionals to send records already obtained for complete organization. The end result is an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) searchable set of review-ready records that are organized, indexed, and bookmarked. My.SmartOrg is an exclusive feature, a HIPAA compliant, for each web-based user portal.
- Chronology by ChartSwap. Records chronology is a tool that allows legal and claims professionals to reduce paper handling, simplify records organization and accelerate records analysis with a fully indexed chronology for every file.
- Medical Summary by ChartSwap. Medical summary is a tool that provides a complete medical chronology of the records, enabling quick identification of providers, type of record, and medical events critical to your analysis.
- The Service. ChartSwap MRT, CloudNetwork and Medical Canvassing as each may be updated from time to time, are referred to herein as the “Service.” Requestor acknowledges and agrees that (a) the Service is completely voluntary; (b) ChartSwap does not own or control any of the records sought; and (c) ChartSwap is not acting on behalf of CloudNetwork Providers or ChartSwap MRT Providers (collectively referred to herein as the “Provider(s)”) in any way.
- Representations About Requester. Requestor represents and warrants that (a) it has the power and authority to enter into this Agreement as, or on behalf of, a Requester; and (b) the information provided in connection with the Service will be current, true, accurate, supportable and complete. Each time Requester utilizes the Service, Requester is binding itself, its organization, and its client, to this Agreement, regardless of whether Requester has used the Service previously for different clients.
- Authorized Users. If applicable, Requester may allow its employees or independent contractors to use the Service on behalf of Requester (“Authorized Users”). As a condition to such use, Authorized Users must be required to agree to and abide by this Agreement. Requester bears the responsibility for ensuring that all Authorized Users agree to and abide by this Agreement and, pursuant to Section 17 below, shall indemnify and hold ChartSwap harmless in the event that one of its Authorized Users violates this Agreement. Requester and Authorized Users shall immediately notify ChartSwap in the event that Requester or an Authorized User becomes aware of any violation of the terms of this Agreement. Requester shall be liable for any breach of the Agreement by any Authorized User.
- Records. ChartSwap does not claim ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, links, works of authorship, or any other materials that Provider(s) posts to or shares via the Service (collectively, “Records”), and makes no representations with respect to such Records, including the accuracy and completeness of the Records. By requesting Records through the Service, Requestor certifies that it has obtained all required consents to access such Records and agrees to access and use them only as permitted by applicable law. In addition, Requestor acknowledges that Providers have the right to revoke the use of Records provided under certain circumstances, including, without limitation, where the wrong records have been provided, and hereby agrees to delete any such Records upon request.
- Data Ownership. Requester shall own all right, title, and interest in and to any data that is collected by ChartSwap from Requester or its Authorized Users in connection with Requester’s use of the Service (“Data”). Requester grants and agrees to grant to ChartSwap a perpetual, non-exclusive license to use such Data (a) in order to provide the Service to Requester; (b) for statistical use (provided that such data is not personally identifiable); and (c) as necessary to monitor and improve the Service.
- Confidentiality. Requester acknowledges that the Service and any other proprietary or confidential information provided to Requester by ChartSwap constitutes valuable proprietary information and trade secrets of ChartSwap. Requester agrees to preserve the confidential nature of such Confidential Information by retaining and using the Confidential Information in trust and confidence, solely for its internal use and as authorized hereby, and by using the same degree of protection that such party uses to protect similar proprietary and confidential information, but in no event less than reasonable care. ChartSwap shall have the right to obtain an injunction (without having to post a bond) to prevent any breach or continued breach of this section. Requester acknowledges that ChartSwap operates through the platform SalesForce.com (“SFDC”), and transmits Data through the system maintained by SFDC (the “SFDC System”). Requester further acknowledges that Requestor’s Data may be transmitted outside of the SFDC System, and to the extent that such Data is transmitted outside of the SFDC System, SFDC is not responsible for the privacy, security or integrity of that Data.
- Custodian Fees. Provider(s) may impose fees for Records in connection with each request (the “Custodian Fee”). For convenience, Requestor pays the Custodian Fee via the Service. ChartSwap does not set or have any control over the Custodian Fees being charged by the Provider and merely passes through the invoice to Requestor. Any dispute Requestor has with the Custodian Fee should and must be resolved with the Provider directly.
- Record Copy Sales. Record retrieval vendors may impose fees for Record Copy Sales (e.g., electronic, hard copy, and CD). Purchasing Record Copies via ChartSwap is at the discretion of the party being offered to purchase the Record Copies. There are other avenues through which the Record Copies can be obtained (outside of ChartSwap). ChartSwap does not set or have any control over the Record Copy fees being charged by the record retrieval vendors. Any dispute should and must be resolved with the record retrieval vendor directly.
- Medical Canvassing. Medical Canvassing is not guaranteed to locate treatment providers or dates. Medical Canvassing is designed to target medical facilities based on mileage from a starting address as provided by the ordering party. Medical Canvassing may return treatment locations and treatment dates only if data exists at the facilities being canvassed. Ordering party fully understands and acknowledges that ChartSwap has no control as to whether relevant treatment data may exist at a facility. Efforts will be made to determine whether patient records exist, and, if appropriate, gain authorization to retrieve applicable treatment data. In the event that no treatment data is located, ordering party fully understands and acknowledges that all fees paid at the time of submission are still valid and non-refundable.
- ChartSwap’s Technology.
- ChartSwap shall provide Requester users (“Users”) access to the ChartSwap portal, a web-based application that operates as a records retrieval portal (the “Portal”), which allows Users to request medical, hospital, billing, payroll, personnel, insurance claims, Medicare, VA, Social Security, police department, fire department, OSHA, business records, and employment records (“Records”); view the status of updates and tracking details for their orders; download Records; store Records in a HIPAA compliant and SOC 2, Type II certified environment; and upload and share documents. Subject to the exceptions detailed herein, the Portal shall be available to Users 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365/366 days a year. Users shall comply with all terms and conditions of the Portal, as described therein.
- ChartSwap shall provide Users access to the Portal and provide notifications when updated Records are ready for review;
- ChartSwap Fees. Any fees paid by Requestor to its agent, ChartSwap, for the Service are voluntary and distinct from the Custodian Fee, and are not subject to any of the statutory or regulatory limits placed upon Custodian Fees. Requester acknowledges that ChartSwap is acting as an agent of Requester when it electronically delivers records via the Service and charges associated ChartSwap fees.
- ChartSwap Instant Download Fee. If Requestor elects to receive Records via “Instant Download” for a ChartSwap MRT request, ChartSwap will charge the “ChartSwap Instant Download Fee” in accordance with ChartSwap’s fee schedule in effect at the time of the request, the current version of which can be found here. The ChartSwap Instant Download Fee will be paid by Requestor for each request prior to downloading the Records. If Requestor elects to receive Records via mail, no ChartSwap Instant Download Fee will be charged.
- CloudNetwork Fee. For CloudNetwork orders, ChartSwap will charge a fee (the “CloudNetwork Fee”) in accordance with ChartSwap’s fee schedule in effect at the time of the order, the current version of which can be found here. The CloudNetwork Fee will be paid by Requestor at the initiation of the order and is nonrefundable, even if the Provider does not have the Records responsive to the request. From time to time a provider included in the CloudNetwork may no longer be able to accept orders from CloudNetwork and in such event, ChartSwap will refund the CloudNetwork Fee.
- Payment Terms. All Fees shall be paid in U.S. Dollars and shall be charged to the payment method provided to ChartSwap. Requester may elect to connect its account to ChartSwap’s third-party payment processors (e.g., PayPal) in order to enable the payments of the Fees contemplated above. Requester agrees and acknowledges that it is solely responsible for payment of any Custodian Fees. All fees are exclusive of applicable sales, excise, use or similar taxes. Requester shall pay such taxes either directly or to ChartSwap or the Provider, as applicable, or as otherwise required by law or regulation.
- Reservation of Rights With Respect To The Service. ChartSwap reserves all rights in and to the Service and all related intellectual property not expressly granted under this Agreement. If Requester submits comments, suggestions, or other feedback regarding the Service (“Feedback”), Requester agrees that ChartSwap will be free to use such Feedback for any purpose.
- Restrictions On Requester’s Use Of The Service. Requester may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute, reproduce or sublicense the Service. Requester may not copy, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Service, or any part thereof. If for some reason these restrictions are prohibited by applicable law, then the activities are permitted only to the extent necessary to comply with such law. Requester shall not exploit the Service in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including, but not limited to, by trespass or burdening network capacity. Requester acknowledges that any request associated with this Agreement or the Services is directly related to the file and reference number provided on the order form and that all requests made will be pursuant to the same.
- Security Measures. The Service may contain technological measures designed to prevent unauthorized or illegal use of the Service. Reuester acknowledges and agrees that ChartSwap may monitor Requester’s use of the Service and use these technological measures and other lawful measures to verify Requester’s compliance with the terms of this Agreement and enforce ChartSwap’s rights, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Service. ChartSwap may deny any individual access to and/or use of the Service if ChartSwap, in its sole discretion, believes that person’s use of the Service would violate any provision of this Agreement, regardless of whether Requester designated that person as an Authorized User.
- Limitations on Availability. The Service or some aspects thereof may not be available in all languages or in all countries. ChartSwap makes no representation that the Service is available or permitted in any particular location. Use of the Service is void where prohibited. Requester uses the Service at its own initiative and is responsible for compliance with any applicable laws. ChartSwap may also impose limits on the use or access to the Service as required by law.
- Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated by Requester or ChartSwap. Requester’s right to use or access the Service will terminate automatically without notice from ChartSwap if Requester fails to comply with any term(s) of this Agreement. Upon termination of the Agreement, Requester shall cease all use of or access to the Service. Requester acknowledges that unless otherwise agreed to in writing, ChartSwap may restrict, modify, or terminate Requester’s access to the Service, without liability, for its convenience.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE AND ANY RECORDS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND CHARTSWAP HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT THERETO, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. CHARTSWAP DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH REQUESTER’S ENJOYMENT OF THE SERVICE, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE SERVICE WILL MEET REQUESTER’S REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY CHARTSWAP OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL CHARTSWAP OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO REQUESTER’S USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF CHARTSWAP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL CHARTSWAP OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE LIABILITY TO REQUESTER FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT OF TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS ($25) OR THE AMOUNT REQUESTER PAID FOR THE SERVICES IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRECEDING THE CLAIM. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO REQUESTERS.
- Arbitration Agreement. This Agreement shall be interpreted and governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its rules regarding conflict of laws. By signing this Agreement, ChartSwap and Requestor agree that any claim, dispute, or controversy arising from or relating to this Agreement must be resolved by arbitration. Texas laws and the Texas Rules of Evidence shall apply to the arbitration proceeding. The arbitration will be determined by a single arbitrator who is mutually agreed upon by the Parties. If the Parties cannot agree on the individual arbitrator, then the arbitrator shall be selected according to the arbitration service. The Parties agree to utilize the services of JAMS, a nationally recognized arbitration and mediation company, for this purpose.
- Indemnification. Requester shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ChartSwap and its directors, employees, agents, and distributors from and against all damages and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that arise from a third party’s claim resulting from (a) unauthorized use of the Service or any Records by Requester or any Authorized User, (b) any Records accessed by Requester or an Authorized User; (c) any activities of Requester or an Authorized User through the use the Service, including without limitation any unauthorized disclosure made by Requester or its Authorized Users; or (d) violation of the ChartSwap Terms of Service.
- Consent to Receive Commercial E-mail. Requestor consents to receive commercial email messages from or on behalf of ChartSwap and its partners. In order to stop receiving any messages from ChartSwap whatsoever (including administrative messages regarding the Service), Requester will need to terminate its account.
- Consent To Letter Of Representation. CloudNetwork providers are outside of ChartSwap’s direct network, and require a Letter of Representation to be included with the request in order to be accepted. By using the CloudNetwork service and placing orders for providers in the CloudNetwork, you authorize ChartSwap to create a Letter of Representation to alert the provider that ChartSwap is designated as an authorized representative of your law firm, and you authorize ChartSwap to insert your digital signature onto the document. The letter will be added to the account and used as needed unless and until you alert ChartSwap in writing that you no longer want the letter used with your account.
- Modifications. ChartSwap may modify the terms of this Agreement from time to time. Any such modification shall be effective when ChartSwap notifies Requester of the modification (via an update to the terms delivered via email or through the Service) and Requester subsequently signifies its acceptance by continuing to use the Service.
- Third-Party Offerings. To use certain aspects of the Service, additional terms may apply including the SFDC Service Agreement, attached hereto as Exhibit A. Third-Party Terms shall constitute an agreement between Requester and such third party. ChartSwap is not responsible for such third-party offerings.
- No Waiver. The failure of ChartSwap to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
- Section Titles. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Reservation of Trademark. “ChartSwap” and all associated logos displayed within the Service are trademarks of ChartSwap (unless otherwise noted).
- Assignability and Transfer of. ChartSwap may freely transfer or assign this Agreement and any of its rights or obligations hereunder. Requester may not transfer or assign this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of ChartSwap, and any attempt to do so shall be null and void.
- Serverability. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Survival: Sections 8, 9, and 14-17 shall survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason.
SFDC SERVICE AGREEMENT
“AppExchange” means the online directory of on-demand applications that work with the Service, located at http://www.appexchange.com or at any successor websites.
“Reseller” means ChartSwap
“Reseller Application” means ChartSwap.com.
“Platform” means the online, Web-based platform service provided by SFDC to Reseller in connection with Reseller’s provision of the Reseller Application to You.
“SFDC Service” means the online, Web-based application and platform service generally made available to the public via http://www.salesforce.com and/or other designated websites, including associated offline components but excluding AppExchange applications.
“SFDC” means salesforce.com.
“Users” means Your employees, representatives, consultants, contractors or agents who are authorized to use the Service subject to the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement as a result of a subscription to the Reseller Application having been purchased for such User, and have been supplied user identifications and passwords by You (or by Salesforce.com or Reseller at Your request).
“You” and “Your” means the customer entity which has contracted to purchase subscriptions to use the Reseller Application subject to the conditions of this SFDC Service Agreement, together with any other terms required by Reseller.
“Your Data” means all electronic data or information submitted by You as and to the extent it resides in the Service.
1. Use of Service.
(a) Each User subscription to the Reseller Application shall entitle one User to use the Service via the Reseller Application, subject to the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement, together with any other terms required by Reseller. User subscriptions cannot be shared or used by more than one User (but may be reassigned from time to time to new Users who are replacing former Users who have terminated employment with You or otherwise changed job status or function and no longer require use of the Service). For clarity, Your subscription to use the Platform hereunder does not include a subscription to use the SFDC Service or to use it in connection with applications other than the Reseller Application. If You wish to use the SFDC Service or any of its functionalities or services, to use another application other than the Reseller Application, or to create or use additional custom objects beyond those which appear in the Reseller Application in the form that it has been provided to You by Your Reseller, visit www.salesforce.com to contract directly with SFDC for such services. In the event Your access to the Reseller Application provides You with access to the SFDC Service generally or access to any SFDC Service functionality within it that is in excess to the functionality described in the Reseller Application’s user guide, and You have not separately subscribed under a written contract with SFDC for such access, then You agree to not access and use such functionality, and You agree that Your use of such functionality, Your use of applications other than the Reseller Application, or Your creation or use of additional custom objects in the Reseller Application beyond that which appears in the Reseller Application in the form that it has been provided to You by your Reseller, would be a material breach of this Agreement.
(b) Notwithstanding any access You may have to the Platform or the SFDC Service via the Reseller Application, Reseller is the sole provider of the Reseller Application and You are entering into a contractual relationship solely with Reseller. In the event that Reseller ceases operations or otherwise ceases or fails to provide the Reseller Application, SFDC has no obligation to provide the Reseller Application or to refund You any fees paid by You to Reseller.
(c) You (i) are responsible for all activities occurring under Your User accounts; (ii) are responsible for the content of all Your Data; (iii) shall use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, the Platform and the SFDC Service, and shall notify Reseller or Salesforce.com promptly of any such unauthorized use You become aware of; and (iv) shall comply with all applicable local, state, federal and foreign laws and regulations in using the Platform and the SFDC Service.
(d) You shall use the Platform and the SFDC Service solely for Your internal business purposes and shall not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, time share or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Platform or the SFDC Service available to any third party, other than to Users or as otherwise contemplated by this SFDC Service Agreement; (ii) send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws; (iii) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including material that is harmful to children or violates third party privacy rights; (iv) send or store viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses and other harmful or malicious code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (v) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Platform or the SFDC Service or the data contained therein; or (vi) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Platform or the SFDC Service or its related systems or networks.
(e) You shall not (i) modify, copy or create derivative works based on the Platform or the SFDC Service; (ii) frame or mirror any content forming part of the Platform or the SFDC Service, other than on Your own intranets or otherwise for Your own internal business purposes; (iii) reverse engineer the Platform or the SFDC Service; or (iv) access the Platform or the SFDC Service in order to (A) build a competitive product or service, or (B) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Platform or the SFDC Service.
2. Third-Party Providers.
Reseller and other third-party providers, some of which may be listed on pages within SFDC’s website and including providers of AppExchange applications, offer products and services related to the Platform, the SFDC Service, and/or the Reseller Application, including implementation, customization and other consulting services related to customers’ use of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service, and applications (both offline and online) that interoperate with the Platform, SFDC Service, and/or the Reseller Application, such as by exchanging data with the Platform, the SFDC Service, and/or the Reseller Application, or by offering additional functionality within the user interface of the Platform, the SFDC Service, and/or the Reseller Application through use of the Platform and/or SFDC Service’s application programming interface. SFDC does not warrant any such third-party providers or any of their products or services, including but not limited to the Reseller Application or any other product or service of Reseller, whether or not such products or services are designated by SFDC as “certified,” “validated” or otherwise. Any exchange of data or other interaction between You and a third-party provider, including but not limited to the Reseller Application, and any purchase by You of any product or service offered by such third-party provider, including but not limited to the Reseller Application, is solely between You and such third-party provider. In addition, from time to time, certain additional functionality (not defined as part of the Platform or SFDC Service) may be offered by SFDC or Reseller to You, for an additional fee, on a pass-through or OEM basis pursuant to terms specified by the licensor and agreed to by You in connection with a separate purchase by You of such additional functionality. Your use of any such additional functionality shall be governed by such terms, which shall prevail in the event of any inconsistency with the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement.
3. Proprietary Rights.
Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, SFDC reserves all rights, title and interest in and to the Platform and the SFDC Service, including all related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to You hereunder other than as expressly set forth in this SFDC Service Agreement. The Platform and the SFDC Service is deemed SFDC confidential information, and You will not use it or disclose it to any third party except as permitted in this SFDC Service Agreement.
4. Compelled Disclosure.
If either You or SFDC is compelled by law to disclose confidential information of the other party, it shall provide the other party with prior notice of such compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the other party’s cost, if the other party wishes to contest the disclosure.
You agree that SFDC shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicenseable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into any SFDC products or services any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback provided by You or Your Users relating to the operation of the Platform and/or the SFDC Service.
Your use of the Platform and the SFDC Service may be immediately terminated and/or suspended upon notice due to (a) a breach of the terms of this SFDC Service Agreement by You or any User, (b) the termination or expiration of Reseller’s agreement with SFDC pursuant to which Reseller is providing the Platform as part of the Reseller Application to You, and/or (c) a breach by Reseller of its obligations to SFDC with respect to the subscriptions it is providing to You in connection with this SFDC Service Agreement.
7. Subscriptions Non-Cancelable.
Subscriptions for the Platform and the SFDC Service are non- cancelable during a subscription term, unless otherwise specified in Your agreement with Reseller.
8. Data Storage.
The Platform and SFDC Service includes a certain cumulative amount of storage per User subscription for no additional charge. Contact Your Reseller for additional information. Additional storage may be available for purchase from the Reseller.
9. No Warranty.
SALESFORCE.COM MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM, THE SFDC SERVICE, AND/OR THE RESELLER APPLICATION, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SALESFORCE.COM DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO RESELLER APPLICATION AND THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
10. No Liability.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SFDC HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY USER FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES BASED ON LOST PROFITS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11. Further Contact.
SFDC may contact You regarding new SFDC service features and offerings.
12. Google Programs and Services.
Platform or SFDC Service features that interoperate with Google programs and services depend on the continuing availability of applicable Google application programming interfaces (“APIs”) and programs for use with the Platform and the SFDC Service. If Google Inc. ceases to make such APIs and/or programs available on reasonable terms to SFDC, SFDC may cease providing such features without entitling You or Reseller to any refund, credit, or other compensation.
13. Third Party Beneficiary.
SFDC shall be a third party beneficiary to the agreement between You and Reseller solely as it relates to this SFDC Service Agreement.